What junk, debris or garbage can I load?
You can disposal of almost any junk, debris or garbage into your the disposal bin that you rent from Purple Dumpster. We have provided a list below. And below that we have also provided a do not load list as well, as there are some limitations due to environmental laws that limit some materials that can be deposited into landfill. We do our best to recycle any of the items that you provide and limit what goes into landfill as much as possible.
OK TO LOAD: Allowable junk, debris and materials you can load for disposal in our bins
Here is a list of allowable junk and materials you can load for disposal.
- Appliances: Stove, washers and dryers and microwaves. Important: You can dispose of freezers and refrigerators, air conditioning units only if the freon in them is previously drained.
- Furniture: This includes includes beds and mattresses, bed frames, and bedding. Sofas/couches. Chairs, tables, lamps, carpeting and area rugs, lighting and light fixtures, nightstands, mattresses, clothes, rags and fabric like drapes.
- Toys and Bikes: Bicycles, tricycles, children’s toys,
- Inorganic Garden: Lawn tools and junked implements, old metal equipment (excluding car parts), mowers, small electric tools.
- Organic Garden: Lawn clippings and garden debris including, leaves, tree limbs, stumps, rocks, (excludes soil and sod)
- Construction, renovation and building materials: Lumber, demolition debris, roof tiles, drywall, metal work, tiles,
DO NOT LOAD: Junk and garbage that is on the do not load list for bin rentals
If you are in doubt, please do contact us to discuss what you would like to load into the bin. Checking with us is part of our service to ensure you have a great experience.
- Appliances containing freon (fridges, freezers or AC units) unless drained
- Tires of any kind
- Car parts
- Chemicals of any kind
- Concrete, cement, brick or stone
- Gas cans
- Paint or empty paint cans
- Propane tanks
Just about everything else is fine.
We ask you to follow these important rules for the safety of our staff drivers, our depot workers and the environment.