Summer is here and so are impending possibilities of storms. In 2013 Toronto and area experienced flooding and fallen trees from several summer storms. Homeowners had to clean up yard waste and debris from the carnage so many were seeking yard waste removal services.
Here are some great tips from Purple Dumpster that you’ll find handy when considering your yard waste removal project when you begin to clear the branches, stumps, twigs and garden waste away after a summer or fall storm.
1) Make a plan. Prep for the project by acquiring the right tools. You’ll need overalls, garden gloves, a chain saw, gasoline, a rake or two, and miscellaneous cutting and trimming equipment to help with yard waste removal.
2) Hire a dumpster rental so that the debris can be place in a single container and trucked away. Phone ahead to book your one week rental.
3) Hire help. Moving large branches and fallen limbs can be heavy work. Ensure that you have a safety plan. Don’t push yourself too much at once. Purple Dumpster can assist with extra hands, call us and we’ll do it for you!
4) Drink water. Outdoor work during warm weather requires that you drink fluids as you exert yourself physically. Be sure to stay hydrated during your clean up.
5) Watch for debris that might have fallen on hydro or utility wires. Call your local utility for help and advice if that is the case.
5)Bag the little stuff. Once the big debris has been removed for your yard and placed into your skip or mini-bin, be sure to neatly clean up the small stuff with a rake and put into heavy duty yard waste bags so it doesn’t spill and get caught by the wind.
6) Be opportunistic. Use the opportunity to remove anything in your house, garage or basement that you don’t want. It can go into your dumpster too. If there is extra space in the container use it, especially if you are under the included tonnage amount.
7) Stay Safe. If you use a chain saw, read all the safety procedures and keep animals and small kids away from the work site to maintain safety for all.
8) Contract the heavy stuff. Often city crews will not collect large tree limbs bigger than 15 cm (six inches) so be sure to put these in your rental bin so your contractor like Purple Dumpster can haul your yard waste away.
If you have any questions, call us at (905) 769-0387 and we’d be happy to advise you on how to proceed safely and successfully to achieve your summer storm yard waste removal.